On Tuesday March 24th, 2015, purchased some items at the Intimate Apparel section of Third Avenue Bloomingdale's in New York. The sales person, Valeria Aguinaga, seemed nice and courteous but eager to sell.

She assured me that the items purchased would be shipped to me at no cost within 7 or 10 days. Today, April 2nd, I gave the section a call to inquire about my purchases. Well, first, I was put on hold for about 40 minutes. Someone picked up the phone because, as she admitted, saw the light blinking.

I explained the situation. She put me on hold again, and, came back with an answer: my purchases have not been mailed yet. But that they would overnight the goods. Then, after another brief hold, she started with all sorts of excuses, which, I may say, were unacceptable.

Then, proceeded to ask me for a credit card. I told her that I could not give her the same one that I used to pay because the issuer had replaced it claiming "fraudulent activity" in my account. What happened was that Aguinaga had to void and redo the purchase because she forgot to add the "please ship" to the order. That kind of activity automatically flagged my account and forced me to get a new card due to "security issues".

Furthermore, I was not going to give these sales women another credit card and have them charge me with shipping costs which I was not supposed to pay in the first place. I requested that someone called me with a tracking number. Got a call from an allegedly supervisor full of excuses but no solution.

At this point, am ready to go ahead with a charge back for having paid for goods that never got to me. My advice: don't shop at Bloomingdale's, it is not what it used to be and has no Customer Service.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bloomingdales Account.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Not following through on orders, Overall experience.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Apr 02, 2015.

Comments

After much effort from my part and contacting the company's HQs in Ohio, office of the CEO, the issue got resolved. There is no customer service, sales people just want to make the sale.